- High performance L-series super-telephoto zoom with built-in 1.4x extender (280-560mm, f/5.6) makes it ideal for sports and wildlife photography
- One fluorite and four UD lens elements provide excellent correction of chromatic aberration throughout the entire zoom range, delivering high-quality images with high resolution and contrast
- Inner focusing, ring USM, a high-speed CPU and optimized AF algorithms for fast and accurate autofocusing
- Optical Image Stabilizer provides up to four shutter speed stops of correction.
- Three image stabilization modes (standard, panning, and during exposure only) provide excellent results for a wide range of shooting situations
Designed to satisfy the discriminating needs of sports and wildlife photographers, the EF 200–400mm f/4L IS USM Extender 1.4X is a high-performance super telephoto zoom lens with an optically matched built-in 1.4x extender for maximum versatility. With a simple flick of a switch, the zoom range can be quickly increased to 280–560mm (f/5.6). This capability is extremely useful in applications where it is not possible to change lenses quickly, while also protecting delicate equipment such as a digital SLR camera’s image sensor in environments with dust and high humidity. The EF 200–400mm f/4L IS USM Extender 1.4X incorporates one fluorite and four UD lens elements, which provide excellent correction of chromatic aberration throughout the entire zoom range for professional quality images with high resolution, contrast and color fidelity, while a 9-blade circular aperture helps deliver beautiful, soft backgrounds. It utilizes inner focusing, ring USM, a high-speed CPU and optimized AF algorithms for fast and accurate autofocusing. And, with Power Focus mode, focus shifts are quiet and smooth, which is essential for filmmaking. Image stabilization is effective up to four shutter speed steps, with three image stabilization modes (standard, panning, and during exposure only) providing excellent results for a wide range of subjects. Optimized lens placement and coatings deliver outstanding color balance, while helping to minimize ghosting and flare. The lens is highly resistant to dust and water, enabling shooting even in harsh conditions. A fluorine coating on front and rear lens surfaces repels dust particles and makes the lens easier to clean.
- Focal Length & Maximum Aperture: Built-in extender at 1x: 200–400mm, 1:4.0 / Built-in extender at 1.4x: 280–560mm, 1:5.6
- Lens Construction: Built-in extender at 1x: 25 elements in 20 groups (incl. 1 rear filter) / Built-in extender at 1.4x: 33 elements in 24 groups (incl. 1 rear filter)
- Diagonal Angle of View: Built-in extender at 1x: 12º–6º10' / Built-in extender at 1.4x: 8º50'–4º25'
- Focus Adjustment: Inner focusing system
- Closest Focusing Distance: 6.6 ft. / 2m
- Filter Size: 52mm drop-in
- Max. Diameter x Length, Weight: 5.0 x 14.4 inches, 127.7 oz. / 128 x 366mm, approx. 3620g
- country of origin = Japan